Open as PDF
52 Netfinity 3500-M20 – Type 8657 Models 21Y, 22Y, 31Y, 32Y,
1 EMI shield
2 Filler panel
To install a drive in bay A, B, C, or D:
1. Read the information in “Preinstallation steps (all bays)”
on page 51.
2. Turn off the server and peripheral devices.
3. Unplug the server.
4. Remove the side cover (see “Removing the side cover”
on page 44 for details).
5. Use a screwdriver to pry the filler panel away from the
6. Remove the EMC shield from the bay.
7. If the drive is a laser product, observe the following
When laser products (such as CD-ROMs, DVD
drives, fiber optic devices, or transmitters) are
installed, note the following:
• Do not remove the covers. Removing the cov-
ers of the laser product could result in expo-
sure to hazardous laser radiation. There are
no serviceable parts inside the device.
• Use of controls or adjustments or perfor-
mance of procedures other than those speci-
fied herein might result in hazardous radiation
Some laser products contain an embedded Class 3A or
Class 3B laser diode. Note the following: Laser radia-
tion when open. Do not stare into the beam, do not
view directly with optical instruments, and avoid direct
exposure to the beam.
8. Touch the static-protective bag containing the drive to
any unpainted metal surface on the server; then,
remove the drive from the bag and place it on a static-
9. Set any jumpers or switches on the drive according to
the documentation that comes with the drive.
10. Push the drive into the bay and, if it is a CD-ROM drive
or floppy disk drive, secure it with two screws (see
“Floppy disk drive” on page 123 and/or “CD-ROM
drive” on page 124).