Open as PDF
Congratulations on your purchase of an Ikelite Digital Camera
Housing. Ikelite has over 45 years of experience in the underwater
photographic and lighting market. Our products are designed and
built in the USA by Ikelite for both the professional and amateur
The clear housing permits instant visual inspection of the camera
and all sealing surfaces as well as complete monitoring of controls
and camera LCD screens.
Ikelite Digital Housings are slightly negative in salt water for
stability. This housing has been water pressure tested at the
factory. Housing is pressure tested to 200’ (60m).
Ikelite SLR-DC Housing
i n s t r u c t i o n m a n u a l
#6871.45 for Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi, 450D, Kiss Digital X2
#6872.10 for EOS Digital Rebel XS, 1000D, Kiss F Digital
External Strobe Connector
and Waterproof Cap
[D] AF Point Button
[E] White Balance Button
[F] Cross keys (Arrow Pad)
[G] Playback Button
[H] Erase Button
[ I ] TTL Mode Buttons
[A] Menu Button
[C] Aperture +/- Button
OOppeenniinngg tthhee HHoouussiinngg
Lid Snaps have a
To open, push Lid Snap Lock
forward and lift as shown.
Keep pressure on the Lid
Snap so it does not fly open
Some lid snaps have a lot of
spring tension once they go over center, so have a firm grip on
the lid snap. Lid Snaps may be opened one at a time.
Lid Snap Lock
IInniittiiaall CCaammeerraa SSeettuupp
- Insert a fully charged battery
- Insert memory card (1GB or greater capacity recommended)
- Set the mode dial to “M” manual
- Set shutter speed to 1/60th second or 1/125th second for fast
- Set aperture to F8 for general photography or F22 for macro
- Set image resolution to highest jpeg setting or RAW
- Set ISO to 100 and Meter to “center-weighted”
- Disable “LCD auto-off” in the camera menu settings
- If using auto-focus in “Live-View”, use “Quick-Mode”.
NOTE: Auto-focus will not be as good in “Live-View” mode.
IInniittiiaall CCaammeerraa SSeettuupp ((ccoonntt..))
- Disable “Auto Lighting Optimizer”
- Set auto-focus mode to “One Shot”.
- Set “Hightlight Tone Priority” to “OFF”.
- Disable “Mirror Lock-Up”.
DDiissaabbllee LLCCDD AAuuttoo OOffff BBeeffoorree IInnssttaalllliinngg tthhee CCaammeerraa:: XXSSii oonnllyy
If the LCD Auto Off is Enabled, the LCD will turn Off when
the camera is installed in the housing. To use the LCD when
the camera is in the housing, go to the camera menu and set
LCD Auto Off to the Disable Mode.