Open as PDF
Manual de instrucciones
© 2005 Sony Corporation Printed in Korea
Thank you for purchasing this Sony Rechargeable
For the customers in the U.S. only:
This symbol is intended to alert the
user to the presence of important
operating and maintenance (servicing)
instructions in the literature
accompanying the appliance.
To reduce the risk of Fire, do not remove cover.
No User-Serviceable parts inside.
For the customers in the U.S. and
RECYCLING LITHIUM-ION BATTERIES
Lithium-ion batteries are recyclable.
You can help preserve our environment by
returning your used rechargeable batteries to the
collection and recycling location nearest you.
For more information regarding
recycling of rechargeable batteries,
call toll free 1-800-822-8837, or visit
Caution: Do not handle damaged
or leaking Lithium-ion batteries.
• The rechargeable battery may present a fire or
chemical burn hazard if mistreated. Do not
disassemble, heat above 60°C (140°F) or
• This rechargeable battery is suitable for use only
with specified Sony Car Audio/Video products.
• Burn hazard if mistreated. Do not disassemble.
• There may be local restrictions on the disposal or
recycling of batteries. Consult your local
regulations or waste disposal provider.
• Keep away from small children.
Do not use the Power cord for the cigar lighter
socket when charging. Also, do not use the Power
cord for the cigar lighter socket for the electronic
device with this rechargeable battery attached. To
charge the rechargeable battery in a car, use the
specified connection box and battery rechargeable
cable. For details, see the operating instructions of
the electronic device.
Battery type: Lithium-ion battery
Maximum output voltage:
DC 8.4 V (for the terminal A)
Nominal output voltage:
DC 7.4 V (for the terminal A)
Nominal input voltage:
DC12 V (for the terminal B*)
Capacity: 4,400 mAh
0°C (32°F) to +40°C (104°F)
Dimensions: Approx.140.0 × 61.0 × 34.1 mm
/8 × 2
/2 × 1
Mass: Approx.400 g (14 oz)
* To charge the rechargeable battery using this jack,
be sure to use the specified device. Using devices
other than the specified, or charging with a
voltage over the nominal input voltage, may
deteriorate the battery performance or cause
Design and specifications are subject to change
Power cord for
the cigar lighter
• Lead-free solder is used for soldering certain
parts. (more than 80 %)
• Halogenated flame retardants are not used in the
certain printed wiring boards.
• Halogenated flame retardants are not used in
• Packaging cushions do not use polystyrene foam.
• Never expose the rechargeable battery to
temperature above 60°C (140°F), such as in direct
sunlight or in a car parked in the sun.
• Keep the rechargeable battery dry.
• Do not expose the rechargeable battery to any
shock or force such as hammering, dropping or
stepping on it.
• If you do not use the electronic device for a long
time, remove the rechargeable battery from the
electronic device and keep it in the cool, dry place.
• If the capacity of the rechargeable battery drops to
half the normal amount, replace with a new
Refer to the operating instruction of the electronic
device for further details.
If you have any questions or problems concerning
the rechargeable battery, please consult your nearest
Charging the battery
Notes on charging
• Be sure to use the specific charging device.
• Charge the rechargeable battery at a temperature
between 5°C (41°F) and 35°C (95°F).
• The rechargeable battery may become hot during
the charging procedure; this, however poses no
• Charge the rechargeable battery before use if it
has not been used for an extended period of time.
• Once charging is completed, unplug the power
supply from the rechargeable battery. If you
charge the fully charged battery, it will take about
60 minutes for the lamp of the battery to light in
Charging the rechargeable battery
Charge the rechargeable battery following
instructions in the operating instructions supplied
with the electronic device.
It usually takes about 6 hours* for an empty battery
to complete charging. The lamp of the rechargeable
battery indicates the charging conditions.
While charging: Lights in orange
Charging completed: Lights in green
Charging error: Flashes in green
* The charging time may vary depending on the