Open as PDF
Infrared Remote Control – for Sony
Replaces Sony RMT-DSLR1 Infrared Remote Control
Your PROMASTER Remote Control features a POWER SAVE mode. Please
observe the following to ensure proper operation:
1. After initially installing the battery or changing the battery, press and hold the shutter release button for at
least 2 seconds to activate the remote.
2. The remote will enter the POWER SAVE mode after 8 minutes of inactivity. To wake the remote from the
POWER SAVE mode and activate it for use, press and hold the shutter release button for at least 2 seconds.
Using the PROMASTER Infrared Remote Control for Sony
1. Before using the remote for the first time, install the CR2025 battery (included).
2. Mount the camera on a tripod (recommended) or place the camera on a stable, level surface.
3. Set your camera for delayed remote or quick response remote per the instructions provided with your
4. Aim the remote control at the infrared receiver on the camera (usually within +/- 20 degree of the lens axis,
from the left to the right and from the top to the bottom) and press the shutter-release button on the remote
control (when using the remote outdoors, make sure that the subject is not backlit and that the line of site
between the transmitter and the infrared receiver is not blocked by the lens or other obstacles).
5. How the camera focuses and shoots depends upon the options selected for your camera. For further
information, check your camera's instruction manual.
6. Infrared cannot be seen by human eyes so you will see no visible light from the LED on the front of the
remote control during operation.
Replacing the Battery