Open as PDF
• Transport the ﬂash unit with care, either in its original packaging or other corresponding
packaging ﬁt to protect it against knocks and jolts.
• Transport only in complete discharged conditions. Wait a minimum 30 minutes after
disconnecting from the mains supply before packaging and transportation.
• Never drop the ﬂash unit (danger of ﬂashtube breakage)
To guarantee safe operation, use the cable supplied.
• The cable has to be HAR-certiﬁed or VDE-certiﬁed. The mark HAR or VDE will appear on
the outer sheath.
• The cable set must be selected according to the rated current for your ﬂash unit.
• Do not use a multiple adapter to connect one or more ﬂash units per single mains socket.
• Flash systems store electrical energy in capacitors by applying high voltage.
• For your safety, never open or disassemble your ﬂashes.
• Only an authorised service engineer should open or attempt to repair the units.
• Internal defect charge capacitors may explode whilst the unit is in use, never
switch on a working ﬂash unit, once it has been found to be faulty.
• Do not switch on the ﬂash unit without mounted modelling lamp or ﬂash tube
due to high voltage at the contacts! Life Danger!
According to safety regulations, we draw your attention to the fact that these
electronic ﬂash units are not designed for use outdoors, in damp or dusty conditions and should
not be used after being exposed to sudden temperature changes causing condensation. They
must always be connected to an earthed (grounded) mains supply.
On no account should any object be inserted into the ventilation holes.
The units may retain an internal charge for a considerable time even though disconnected from
the power supply.
• Do not use without permission in restricted areas (like hospitals, etc.).
• Do not use in explosive environnements.
• Flash tubes and modelling lamps in use are very hot!
• Never touch a ﬂash tube or lamp before the unit has cooled down and is disconnected from
the mains (min 30mn).
• Do not ﬁre ﬂashes from short distance (less than 1m) directed at a person and avoid looking
directly into the ﬂashlight!
• Keep a min. 1m distance from any ﬂammable materials.
• Keep generally distance to other operating units.
Safety Note English
Flash tubes and modelling lamps