Open as PDF
1. Read these instructions – for all components before using this product.
2. Keep these instructions – for future reference.
3. Heed all warnings – on the product and in the owner’s guide.
4. Follow all instructions.
5. Do not use this apparatus near water or
moisture – Do not use this product near a bathtub, washbowl, kitchen
sink, laundry tub, in a wet basement, near a swimming pool, or anywhere
else that water or moisture are present.
6. Clean only with a dry cloth – and as directed by Bose
Unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning.
7. Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with
the manufacturer’s instructions – To ensure reliable operation of the
product and to protect it from overheating, put the product in a position and
location that will not interfere with its proper ventilation. For example, do not
place the product on a bed, sofa, or similar surface that may block the ven-
tilation openings. Do not put it in a built-in system, such as a bookcase or a
cabinet that may keep air from flowing through its ventilation openings.
8. Do not install near any heat sources, such as radiators, heat regis-
ters, stoves or other apparatus (including amplifiers) that produce
9. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-
type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one wider than the
other. A grounding-type plug has two blades and a third grounding
prong. The wider blade or third prong are provided for your safety.
If the provided plug does not fit in your outlet, consult an electri-
cian for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
10. Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particu-
larly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they
exit from the apparatus.
11. Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
12. Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket or table
specified by the manufacturer or sold with the appara-
tus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the
cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury from tip-
13. Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for
long periods of time – to prevent damage to this product.
14. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servicing is
required when the apparatus has been damaged in any way: such
as power-supply cord or plug is damaged; liquid has been spilled or
objects have fallen into the apparatus; the apparatus has been
exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has
been dropped – Do not attempt to service this product yourself. Opening
or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltages or other haz-
ards. Please call Bose to be referred to an authorized service center near
15. To prevent risk of fire or electric shock, avoid overloading wall out-
lets, extension cords, or integral convenience receptacles.
16. Do not let objects or liquids enter the product – as they may touch
dangerous voltage points or short-out parts that could result in a fire or
17. See product enclosure bottom for safety related markings.
Information about products that generate electrical noise
If applicable, this equipment has been tested and found to comply with the lim-
its for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC rules. These limits
are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a
residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio
frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instruc-
tions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, this is
no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this
equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception,
which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, you are encour-
aged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment to an outlet on a different circuit than the one to which
the receiver is connected.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
NOTE: Unauthorized modification of the receiver or radio remote control could
void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.
This product complies with the Canadian ICES-003 Class B specifications.
Important Safety Information