Open as PDF
Approx. 20 million pixels
Lens Focal Length
ELPH 170 IS
12x zoom: 4.5 (W) – 54.0 (T) mm
(35mm lm equivalent: 25 (W) – 300 (T) mm)
8x zoom: 5.0 (W) – 40.0 (T) mm
(35mm lm equivalent: 28 (W) – 224 (T) mm)
2.7-type color TFT LCD
Effective Pixels: Approx. 230,000 dots
Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF (version 1.1)
Still Images: Exif 2.3 (JPEG)
Movies: MOV (Video: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC; Audio: Linear PCM
Analog audio output (monaural)
Analog video output (NTSC/PAL)
Battery Pack NB-11LH/NB-11L
AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC90
on CIPA Guidelines)
ELPH 170 IS
99.6 x 57.6 x 22.6 mm (3.92 x 2.27 x 0.89 in.)
95.2 x 54.3 x 22.1 mm (3.75 x 2.14 x 0.87 in.)
• The camera is a high-precision electronic device. Avoid dropping it or
subjecting it to strong impact.
• Never bring the camera near magnets, motors, or other devices that
generate strong electromagnetic elds, which may cause malfunction or
erase image data.
• If water droplets or dirt adheres to the camera or screen, wipe with a dry
soft cloth, such as an eyeglass cloth. Do not rub hard or apply force.
• Never use cleaners containing organic solvents to clean the camera or
• Use a blower brush to remove dust from the lens. If cleaning is difcult,
contact a Canon Customer Support Help Desk.
• To prevent condensation from forming on the camera after sudden
temperature changes (when the camera is transferred from cold to warm
environments), put the camera in an airtight, resealable plastic bag and
let it gradually adjust to the temperature before removing it from the bag.
• If condensation does form on the camera, stop using it immediately.
Continuing to use the camera in this state may damage it. Remove
the battery pack and memory card, and wait until the moisture has
evaporated before resuming use.
• Before long-term battery storage, use up the battery pack’s remaining
charge, remove it from the camera, and store it in a plastic bag or similar
container. Storing a partially charged battery pack over extended periods
(about a year) may shorten its life or affect performance.
Downloaded From camera-usermanual.com Canon Manuals