Open as PDF
Your camcorder operates only with V series battery packs. You cannot use any other
battery packs. You cannot use NP-FV30/FV50, even though they are V series.
On charging the battery pack
We recommend charging the battery pack in an ambient temperature of from 10 °C to
30 °C (50 °F to 86 °F). The battery pack may not be effectively charged in temperatures
outside this range.
Effective use of the battery pack
• Battery performance decreases in low temperature surroundings. So in cold places, the
operational time of the battery pack is shorter. To ensure longer battery pack use, we
recommend putting the battery pack in a pocket close to your body to warm it up, and
attach it to the camcorder immediately before you start shooting.
• We recommend having spare battery packs handy and making trial shots before taking
the actual shots.
• Do not expose the battery pack to water. The battery pack is not water-tight.
• Do not leave the battery pack in extremely hot places, such as in a car or under direct
How to store the battery pack
• Fully discharge the battery pack before storing and store it in a cool, dry place. To
maintain the battery pack’s function, charge the battery pack and then fully discharge
it on the camcorder at least once a year.
• To use the battery pack up, leave the camcorder in playback mode until the power goes
• To prevent staining the terminal, short-circuiting, etc., be sure to use a plastic bag to
keep away from metal materials when carrying or storing the battery pack.
On battery life
• The battery life is limited. Battery capacity decreases over time and through repeated
use. If decreased usage time between charges becomes significant, it is probably time
to replace it with a new one.
• The battery life varies according to how it is stored and the operating conditions and
environment in which each battery pack is used.