Open as PDF
28 2928 29
Shooting in Auto mode
Auto mode is the easiest mode to take pho-
tos. While operating in this mode, the camera
automatically optimizes your photos for best
To start shooting, do the following:
1. Set the mode dial to Auto mode ( ).
2. Press Power to turn the camera on.
3. Compose your picture on the LCD screen
and press the shutter button halfway to
focus on the subject.
4. When the subject is in focus, the green
colored focus frame appears on the center
of the LCD screen.
5. Press Shutter fully to capture the image.
Using the zoom function
Your camera is equipped with two types of zoom:
optical zoom and digital zoom. Use the Zoom
scroll wheel on the top of the camera to zoom
in or out on your subject while taking pictures.
Zoom Scroll Wheel
(See “Digital Zoom“
on page 58).
When the optical zoom factor reaches its
maximum value, it stops momentarily. Keep
the (Tele) zoom button depressed and zoom
will switch over to digital zoom automatically.