Open as PDF
Playback stops, or audio skips.
• Switch to a memory card that you have performed low-level formatting on with the
• There may be brief interruptions when playing movies copied to memory cards that
have slow read speeds.
• When movies are played on a computer, frames may be dropped and audio may skip
if computer performance is inadequate.
Sound is not played during movies.
• Adjust the volume (=
61) if you have activated [Mute] (=
73) or the sound in
the movie is faint.
The memory card is not recognized.
• Restart the camera, with the memory card in it (=
Cannot transfer images to a computer.
When attempting to transfer images to the computer via a cable, try reducing the
transfer speed as follows.
• Press the <1> button to enter Playback mode. Hold the <n> button down as
you press the <o> and <
> buttons at the same time. On the next screen, press
the <q><r> buttons to choose [B], and then press the <m> button.
Cannot transfer images (=
If an error message is displayed, respond as follows.
No memory card
• The memory card may be inserted facing the wrong way. Reinsert the memory card
facing the correct way (=
Memory card locked
• The write-protect tab of the memory card is set to the locked position. Switch the
write-protect tab to the unlocked position (=
• Shooting was attempted without a memory card in the camera. To shoot, insert a
memory card facing the correct way (=
Memory card error (=
• If the same error message is displayed even after you have formatted a supported
memory card (=
2) and have inserted it facing the correct way (=
a Canon Customer Support Help Desk.
Insufcient space on card
• There is not enough free space on the memory card to shoot (
24, 38, 46)
or edit images (
69 – 71). Either erase unneeded images (
67) or insert a
memory card with enough free space (
Charge the battery (=
• The memory card does not contain any images that can be displayed.
Unidentied Image/Incompatible JPEG/Image too large./Cannot play
back MOV/Cannot play back MP4
• Unsupported or corrupt images cannot be displayed.
• It may not be possible to display images that were edited or renamed on a computer,
or images shot with another camera.
Downloaded From camera-usermanual.com Canon Manuals