Open as PDF
Press the power button to turn the
camera on and prepare for shooting.
To turn the camera off, press the power
Press the <1> button to turn the camera
on and view your shots.
To turn the camera off, press the <1>
• To switch to Playback mode from Shooting mode, press the <1> button.
• To switch to Shooting mode from Playback mode, press the shutter button
• The lens will be retracted after about one minute once the camera is in
Playback mode. You can turn the camera off when the lens is retracted by
pressing the <1> button.
Power-Saving Features (Auto Power Down)
As a way to conserve battery power, the camera automatically deactivates
the screen (Display Off) and then turns itself off after a specic period of
Power Saving in Shooting Mode
The screen is automatically deactivated after about one minute of inactivity.
In about two more minutes, the lens is retracted and the camera turns itself
off. To activate the screen and prepare for shooting when the screen is off
but the lens is still out, press the shutter button halfway (=
Power Saving in Playback Mode
The camera turns itself off automatically after about ve minutes of
• You can deactivate Auto Power Down and adjust the timing of Display Off, if
you prefer (=
• Power saving is not active while the camera is connected to a computer
Downloaded From camera-usermanual.com Canon Manuals