Open as PDF
Still Images Movies
One AF frame is displayed in the center. Effective for reliable focusing.
• A yellow AF frame is displayed with [
] if the camera cannot focus
when you press the shutter button halfway.
• To compose shots so that subjects are positioned at the edge or in a corner,
rst aim the camera to capture the subject in an AF frame, and then hold
the shutter button halfway down. As you continue to hold the shutter button
halfway, recompose the shot as desired, and then press the shutter button all
the way down (Focus Lock).
Shooting with Servo AF
This mode helps avoid missing shots of subjects in motion, because the
camera continues to focus on the subject and adjust the exposure as long
as you press the shutter button halfway.
1 Congure the setting.
Press the <n> button, choose
[Servo AF] on the  tab, and then
choose [On] (=
The focus and exposure are maintained
where the blue AF frame is displayed
while you are pressing the shutter button
• Focusing may not be possible in some shooting conditions.
• In low-light conditions, Servo AF may not be activated (AF frames
may not turn blue) when you press the shutter button halfway. In this
case, the focus and exposure are set according to the specied AF
• If adequate exposure cannot be obtained, shutter speeds and
aperture values are displayed in orange. Release the shutter button,
and then press it halfway again.
• AF lock shooting is not available.
• [AF-Point Zoom] on the  tab is not available.
• Not available when using the self-timer (=
Downloaded From camera-usermanual.com Canon Manuals