Open as PDF
When “FACE PRIORITY AE/AF” is set to “ON”, the following settings will
- If “SCENE SELECT” is set to “SPOTLIGHT”, it will be switched to “OFF”.
- If “FOCUS” is set to “MANUAL”, it will be switched to “AUTO”.
- If “BACKLIGHT COMP.” is set to “ON”, it will be switched to “OFF”.
When the following settings are made, “FACE PRIORITY AE/AF” will
switch to “OFF”.
- When “SCENE SELECT” is set to “SPOTLIGHT”
- When “FOCUS” is set to “MANUAL”
- When “BACKLIGHT COMP.” is set to “ON”
The camera is able to detect up to 16 faces.
Some faces may not be detected depending on the shooting environment.
If appropriate results cannot be obtained, record with “FACE PRIORITY
AE/AF” set to “OFF”.
Reducing Camera Shake
When the image stabilizer is set, camera shake during video recording can
be effectively reduced.
To select/move cursor towards up/left or down/right, press the button UP/<
Select “DIS” (image stabilizer) and press OK.
“ON” or “ON (AIS)” to activate the image stabilizer and press OK.
Deactivates image stabilizer.
Reduces camera shake under normal shooting
c ON (AIS)
Reduces camera shake more effectively when
shooting bright scenes on the wide angle end.
Only on the wide angle end (approx. 5x).
(A video mode only)
It is recommended to set the image stabilizer to “OFF” when shooting a
subject of little movement with the unit on a tripod.
stabilization may not be possible if camera shake is excessive.