Canon 1901B004 Digital Camera User Manual

Safety Warnings
Follow these safeguards and use the equipment properly to prevent injury, death,
and material damage.
Preventing Serious Injury or Death
To prevent fire, excessive heat, chemical leakage, and explosions, follow the
safeguards below:
- Do not use any batteries, power sources, and accessories not specified in this
booklet. Do not use any home-made or modified batteries.
- Do not short-circuit, disassemble, or modify the battery pack or back-up battery. Do
not apply heat or apply solder to the battery pack or back-up battery. Do not expose
the battery pack or back-up battery to fire or water. And do not subject the battery
pack or back-up battery to strong physical shock.
- Do not install the battery pack or back-up battery in reversed polarity (+ –). Do not
mix new and old or different types of batteries.
- Do not recharge the battery pack outside the allowable ambient temperature range
of 0°C - 40°C (32°F - 104°F). Also, do not exceed the recharging time.
- Do not insert any foreign metallic objects into the electrical contacts of the camera,
accessories, connecting cables, etc.
Keep the back-up battery away from children. If a child swallows the battery, consult a
physician immediately. (Battery chemicals may harm the stomach and intestines.)
When disposing of a battery pack or back-up battery, insulate the electrical contacts
with tape to prevent contact with other metallic objects or batteries. This is to prevent
fire or an explosion.
If excessive heat, smoke, or fumes are emitted during battery pack recharging,
immediately unplug the battery charger from the power outlet to stop the recharging
and prevent a fire.
If the battery pack or back-up battery leaks, changes color, deforms, or emits smoke or
fumes, remove it immediately. Be careful not to get burned in the process.
Prevent any battery leakage from contacting your eyes, skin, and clothing. It can
cause blindness or skin problems. If the battery leakage contacts your eyes, skin, or
clothing, flush the affected area with lots of clean water without rubbing it. See a
physician immediately.
During the recharging, keep the equipment away from the reach of children. The cord
can accidentally choke the child or give an electrical shock.
Do not leave any cords near a heat source. It can deform the cord or melt the
insulation and cause a fire or electrical shock.
Do not fire the flash at someone driving a car. It may cause an accident.
Do not fire the flash near a person’s eyes. It may impair the person’s vision. When
using flash to photograph an infant, keep at least 1 meter away.
Before storing the camera or accessory when not in use, remove the battery pack and
disconnect the power plug. This is to prevent electrical shock, heat generation, and
Do not use the equipment where there is flammable gas. This is to prevent an
explosion or fire.