Canon 1901B004 Digital Camera User Manual

If you drop the equipment and the casing breaks open to expose the internal parts, do
not touch the internal parts due to the possibility of electrical shock.
Do not disassemble or modify the equipment. High-voltage internal parts can cause
electrical shock.
Do not look at the sun or an extremely bright light source through the camera or lens.
Doing so may damage your vision.
Keep the camera from the reach of small children. The neck strap can accidentally
choke the child.
Do not store the equipment in dusty or humid places. This is to prevent fire and
electrical shock.
Before using the camera inside an airplane or hospital, check if it is allowed.
Electromagnetic waves emitted by the camera may interfere with the plane’s
instruments or the hospital’s medical equipment.
To prevent fire and electrical shock, follow the safeguards below:
- Always insert the power plug all the way in.
- Do not handle a power plug with wet hands.
- When unplugging a power plug, grasp and pull the plug instead of the cord.
- Do not scratch, cut, or excessively bend the cord or put a heavy object on the cord.
Also do not twist or tie the cords.
- Do not connect too many power plugs to the same power outlet.
- Do not use a cord whose insulation has been damaged.
Occasionally unplug the power plug and use a dry cloth to clean off the dust around
the power outlet. If the surrounding is dusty, humid, or oily, the dust on the power outlet
may become moist and short-circuit the outlet to cause a fire.
Preventing Injury or Equipment Damage
Do not leave equipment inside a car under the hot sun or near a heat source. The
equipment may become hot and cause skin burns.
Do not carry the camera around while it is attached to a tripod. Doing so may cause
injury. Also make sure the tripod is sturdy enough to support the camera and lens.
Do not leave a lens or lens-attached camera under the sun without the lens cap
attached. Otherwise, the lens may concentrate the sun’s rays and cause a fire.
Do not cover or wrap the battery-recharging apparatus with a cloth. Doing so may trap
heat within and cause the casing to deform or catch fire.
If you drop the camera in water or if water or metal fragments enter inside the camera,
promptly remove the battery pack and back-up battery. This is to prevent fire and
electrical shock.
Do not use or leave the battery pack or back-up battery in a hot environment. Doing so
may cause battery leakage or a shorter battery life. The battery pack or back-up
battery can also become hot and cause skin burns.
Do not use paint thinner, benzene, or other organic solvents to clean the equipment.
Doing so may cause fire or a health hazard.
If the product does not work properly or requires repair, contact
your dealer or your nearest Canon Service Center.