Open as PDF
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
1. SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS — This manual contains important safety
and operating instructions for Battery Charger CG-580 & CB-5L.
2. Before using the charger, read all instructions and cautionary remarks on
(1) the charger, (2) the battery pack, and (3) the product using the battery
3. CAUTION —
To reduce risk of injury, charge only the Battery Pack BP-511A,
BP-514, BP-511, or BP-512. Other types of batteries may burst, causing
personal injury and other damage.
4. Do not expose the charger to rain or snow.
5. Use of an attachment not recommended or sold by Canon may result in
fire, electric shock, or personal injury.
6. To reduce risk of damage to electric plug and cord, pull by plug rather than
by cord when disconnecting charger.
7. Make sure cord is located so that it will not be stepped on, tripped over, or
otherwise subjected to damage or stress.
8. Do not operate the charger with damaged cord or plug - replace them
9. Do not operate the charger if it has received a sharp blow, been dropped,
or otherwise damaged in any way; take it to a qualified serviceman.
10.Do not disassemble the charger; take it to a qualified serviceman when
service or repair is required. Incorrect reassembly may result in a risk of
electric shock or fire.
11. To reduce risk of electric shock, unplug charger from outlet before
attempting any maintenance or cleaning.
Unless otherwise stated in this manual, there are no user serviceable parts
inside. Refer servicing to qualified serviceman.
U.S.A. and Canada only:
The Lithium ion/polymer battery that powers the product is
recyclable. Please call 1-800-8-BATTERY for information on
how to recycle this battery.
For CA, USA only
Included lithium battery contains Perchlorate Material – special handling may
See www.dtsc.ca.gov/hazardouswaste/perchlorate/ for details.