Open as PDF
AXIS Q7411 Video Encoder
The Event pages allow you to congure the Axis product to perform actions when different events occur. For example, the product
can start a recording or send an email notication when motion is detected. The set of conditions that denes how and when
the action is triggered is called an action rule.
Convert Event Types to Action Rules
If the Axis product is upgraded to rmware version 5.40 or later, it is recommended to convert Event Types to Action Rules. The
legacy user Event Types in the camera will continue to work but will not be visible in the user interface of the camera. The Event
Types need to be converted to Action rules to become visible in the user interface.
To convert Event Types to Action Rules go to Events > Action Rules and click Convert.
This is not recommended when using a VMS based on the old Event Management System.
Set Up Action Rules
An action rule denes the conditions that must be met for the product to perform an action, for example record video or send an
email notication. If multiple conditions are dened, all of them must be met to trigger the action.
For more information about available triggers and actions, see Triggers on page 40 and Actions on page 41.
The following example describes how to set up an action rule to record video to a network share if there is movement in the
camera’s eld of view.
Set up motion detection and add a network share:
1. Go to Applications to start and congure AXIS Video Motion Detection 3. See AXIS Video Motion Detection.
2. Go to System Options > Storage and set up the network share. See page 57.
Set up the action rule:
1. Go to Events > Action Rules and click Add.
2. Select Enable rule and enter a descriptive name for the rule.
3. Select Applications from the Trigger drop-down list and then select VMD3
4. Optionally, select a Schedule and Additional conditions. See below.
5. Under Actions, select Record Video from the Type drop-down list.
6. Select a Stream prole and congure the Duration settings as described below.
7. Select Network Share from the Storage drop-down list.
To use more than one trigger for the action rule, select Additional conditions and click Add to add additional triggers. When using
additional conditions, all conditions must be met to trigger the action.
To prevent an action from being triggered repeatedly, a Wait at least time can be set. Enter the time in hours, minutes and seconds,
during which the trigger should be ignored before the action rule can be activated again.
The recording Duration of some actions can be set to include time immediately before and after the event. Select Pre-trigger time
and/or Post-trigger time and enter the number of seconds. When While the rule is active is enabled and the action is triggered
again during the post-trigger time, the recording time will be extended with another post-trigger time period.
For more information, see the online help