Open as PDF
- 15 -
• When the battery is not in use, be sure to remove it from the camera body or battery charger (sold
separately). If the battery is left attached to the camera body or battery charger, a minute current will
flow even if the power is turned OFF. This will result in overdischarge and the battery may no longer be
• Store the battery in a cool place with the battery cover attached. We recommend a dry place with a
surrounding temperature of +59°F <+15˚C> to +77°F <+25˚C>. Avoid storing the battery in extremely
hot or cold places.
Charging the Battery
• When you use the battery for the first time or when the battery has not been used for a long time, be
sure to charge the battery before use.
• The battery can be charged within this camera body using the PDR-AC10 AC adapter supplied with
the PDR-M5 (see page 29). The battery takes about five hours to charge.
• If you use the PDR-CG1 battery charger (sold separately), the battery can be charged in about one
• This rechargeable battery does not need to be fully discharged or exhausted before being charged.
• The battery may feel warm after it has been charged or immediately after being used. This is normal
and not a malfunction.
• The battery can be charged at temperatures between +32°F <0°C> and +104°F <+40°C>, but should
be charged between +50°F <+10°C> and +86°F <+30°C> to obtain maximum battery performance.
• Do not recharge a fully charged battery.
Caution when disposing a battery
Batteries are included with this product. When they are no longer useable, you should
not throw them away. Instead, properly dispose of them as small chemical waste.
Using Your Camera Correctly (continued)