Open as PDF
- 30 -
“SmartMedia™” is a storage medium for saving images that you have photographed. Even if the camera’s power is
turned OFF, the images saved on the SmartMedia™ are not erased. SmartMedia™ can be repeatedly read and
SmartMedia™ having the following storage capacity can be used on your camera.
2MB /4MB/8MB (standard accessory)/16MB/32MB/64MB (all 3.3 V types)
You can also connect the PC card adapter and floppy disk adapter (
Page 105) sold separately to transfer
images to a PC.
Notes on SmartMedia™
• Recorded data may be erased (destroyed) in the situations listed below. Note that Toshiba Corporation
accepts no responsibility whatsoever for the loss (destruction) of recorded data in these situations:
- When the SmartMedia™ is used incorrectly by the user or a third party
- When the SmartMedia™ is exposed to static electricity or electrical noise
- When the SmartMedia™ is removed or the camera is then switched OFF during data recording,
data erasing, frame advance when images are being played back or during formatting of the
• We recommend copying and saving important data onto another storage medium (floppy disk, hard
disk, MO disk, etc.).
• Never remove the SmartMedia™ or switch the camera OFF during data recording or during data
erasing (SmartMedia™ formatting). These actions might damage the SmartMedia™.
• Use only the SmartMedia™ specified for use with the PDR-M5. The use of other SmartMedia™ could
damage the camera.
• SmartMedia™ are precision electronic devices. Do not bend, drop, or subject SmartMedia™ to
excessive shocks. Also, do not carry SmartMedia™ in locations such as a trouser pocket. This might
subject the SmartMedia™ to excessive force when you sit down, damaging the SmartMedia™.
• Do not use or store SmartMedia™ in environments likely to be affected by strong static electricity or
• Do not use or store SmartMedia™ in very hot, humid or corrosive environments.