Open as PDF
- 16 -
Using Your Camera Correctly (continued)
Notes On Handling the AC Adapter
Be sure to use only the AC adapter (PDR-AC10) provided with your camera. Using a different AC adapter might
cause the camera to malfunction.
When you use the AC adapter, carefully read and strictly observe the Safety Precautions from page 6 onwards and
the notes described below.
• The AC adapter is designed for use only in the U.S.A and Canada. It cannot be used overseas.
• Be sure that you do not allow the AC adapter to contact any other metal object as this might cause a
• To connect the AC adapter, firmly insert the plug on the end of the cable into the DC IN 5V terminal. Do
not insert the plug into other terminals. This might cause the camera to malfunction.
• Before you disconnect the connector cable, turn the camera OFF and then disconnect the cable
holding it by its plug. Do not disconnect the connector cable by pulling the actual cable.
• Do not drop the AC adapter or subject it to strong impacts.
• Do not use the AC adapter in very hot and humid locations.
• Do not plug in the AC adapter while you are using the battery. Switch the camera OFF first.
• The AC adapter is for indoor use only.
• Use only the specified AC adapter. Do not use other AC adapters.
• The AC adapter may sometimes become warm during use. This is normal and not a malfunction.
• Buzzing or whirring noises may come from inside the camera. This is normal and not a malfunction.
• Do not use the AC adapter near a radio as it could interfere with radio signal reception.
• If you remove the battery or AC adapter while the camera is in operation, the date may be lost from
memory. If this happens, reset the date. (