Open as PDF
FRU information (service only) 119
1 Release tabs
2 Card guide
To remove the card guide, do the following:
1. Power-off the server, if it is on.
2. Unplug the server.
3. Remove the left-side cover (see “Removing the side
cover” on page 44.
4. Turn the server onto its right side so that the open left
side is facing up.
Note: Rotate the feet in toward the server so they do
not detach due to the weight of the server.
5. Remove the support bracket (see “Removing the sup-
port bracket” on page 45) and air baffle.
6. Press the release lever in the center of the card guide
assembly to release the adapter cards.
7. Remove all adapter cards.
8. Detach cables from the system board.
9. Press down on the release tabs and tilt the top of the
assembly toward the back of the server.
10. Pull the assembly away from and out of the server.
11. Remove the fan from the assembly:
a. Gently pull the fan assembly away from the card
b. Pull the rubber extensions through the apertures.
12. Install the fan in the new assembly:
a. Align the rubber extensions in the fan assembly
with the apertures in the card guide and gently
press the fan into place.
b. Use needle-nosed pliers to pull the rubber exten-
sions through the apertures.
13. Install the assembly in the server:
a. Insert the two tabs on the bottom of the card guide
into the slots on the server.
b. Gently push the two release tabs through the
notches until they click into place.
c. Reconnect cables.
Fan assembly, 92 mm
Before you begin:
• Read “Safety information” on page 155.
• Review the information in “Before you begin” on page