Open as PDF
156 Netfinity 3500-M20 – Type 8657 Models 21Y, 22Y, 31Y, 32Y,
• Wear safety glasses when you are: hammering, drilling
soldering, cutting wire, attaching springs, using sol-
vents, or working in any other conditions that might be
hazardous to your eyes.
• After service, reinstall all safety shields, guards, labels,
and ground wires. Replace any safety device that is
worn or defective.
• Reinstall all covers correctly before returning the
machine to the customer.
Electrical current from power, telephone, and communi-
cation cables can be hazardous. To avoid personal
injury or equipment damage, disconnect the attached
power cords, telecommunication systems, networks,
and modems before you open the server covers, unless
instructed otherwise in the installation and configura-
Observe the following rules when working on electrical
Important: Use only approved tools and test equipment.
Some hand tools have handles covered with a
soft material that does not insulate you when
working with live electrical currents.
Many customers have, near their equipment,
rubber floor mats that contain small conductive
fibers to decrease electrostatic discharges. Do
not use this type of mat to protect yourself from
• Find the room emergency power-off (EPO) switch, dis-
connecting switch, or electrical outlet. If an electrical
accident occurs, you can then operate the switch or
unplug the power cord quickly.
• Do not work alone under hazardous conditions or near
equipment that has hazardous voltages.
• Disconnect all power before:
— Performing a mechanical inspection
— Working near power supplies
— Removing or installing main units
• Before you start to work on the machine, unplug the
power cord. If you cannot unplug it, ask the customer
to power-off the wall box that supplies power to the
machine and to lock the wall box in the off position.
• If you need to work on a machine that has exposed
electrical circuits, observe the following precautions: