Open as PDF
44 Netfinity 3500-M20 – Type 8657 Models 21Y, 22Y, 31Y, 32Y,
• Make sure that you have an adequate number of prop-
erly grounded electrical outlets for the server, monitor,
and any other options that you intend to install.
• Back up all important data before you make changes to
• For a list of supported options for the Netfinity 3500-
M20, refer to http://www.ibm.com/pc/us/compat on the
World Wide Web.
Removing the side cover
Review the information in “Before you begin” on page 43.
The following illustration shows how to remove the side
cover from the server.
Note: The illustrations in this document might differ slightly
from your hardware.
1 Cover release tab
To remove the left-side cover of the server:
1. Turn off the server and all attached devices and discon-
nect all external cables and power cords.
2. If necessary, unlock the server cover.
3. Pull out on the cover-release tab at the rear of the
server; then, slide the cover toward the front of the
server and remove it.
Attention: For proper cooling and airflow, replace the
cover before turning on the server. Operating the
server for extended periods of time (over 30 minutes)