Open as PDF
16 Netfinity 3500-M20 – Type 8657 Models 21Y, 22Y, 31Y, 32Y,
7. Insert the new battery:
a. Tilt the battery so that you can insert it into the
front of the socket, under the battery clip.
b. As you slide it under the battery clip, press the
battery down into the socket.
8. Reinstall any adapters that you removed.
9. Reinstall the top cover.
Note: You must wait approximately 20 seconds after
you plug the power cord of the server into an
electrical outlet before the power control button
10. Start the Configuration/Setup Utility program and set
configuration parameters as needed. Refer to “Using
the Configuration/Setup Utility program” on page 33.
Proper cooling of the system is important for proper opera-
tion and system reliability. For a typical Netfinity server, you
should make sure:
• Each of the drive bays has either a drive or a filler panel
• The top cover is in place during normal operation
• There is at least 50 mm (2 inches) of ventilated space
at the sides of the server and 100 mm (4 inches) at the
rear of the server
• The top cover is removed for no longer than 30 minutes
while the server is operating
• Cables for optional adapters are routed according to
the instructions provided with the adapters (ensure that
cables are not restricting air flow)
• The fans are operating correctly and the air flow is
• A failed fan is replaced within 1 hour.