Open as PDF
Important Notes on Waterproof Function >>
Important Notes on Waterproof Function and Waterproof Housing
Read and understand the instructions contained in this manual before
The inner camera is not waterproof or shock protected. Seal the camera
inside the waterproof housing in areas of water, rain, snow, high humidity,
sand, dirt or combustible gas*.
* Warning - the camera inside the waterproof housing IS NOT certiﬁed
to be intrinsically safe. Using the camera in an environment containing
combustible gases may result in explosion or ﬁre.
Follow these important O-ring care instructions or the waterproof housing
* Do not lubricate o-ring.
* Inspect and clean O-ring and O-ring contact surfaces for sand, hair and
other debris before every use. Clean O-ring and O-ring contact surfaces
with cleaning brush provided.
* Inspect O-ring and O-ring contact surfaces for damage (cuts, scratches,
tears, cracks, dents and any other imperfections.) Replace O-ring or have
waterproof housing serviced if the O-ring or O-ring contact surfaces become
* Do not use underwater housing if O-ring or O-ring contact surfaces are
* Make sure O-ring is completely seated into O-ring groove before sealing
* Make sure the O-ring is not twisted when seated in the O-ring groove.
* Carefully follow O-ring removal and installation instructions contained on
page 67 of this manual.
* Replace O-ring every year to ensure proper seal. Only use approved
SeaLife O-ring designed for the DC1400 (Item # SL72017). Replacement
O-rings are available at your local authorized SeaLife dealer, or online at
www.sealifepartsdirect.com (USA Only).
Carefully close lid and latch to seal housing and make sure there are no
obstructions that prevent housing from closing or sealing properly.