Open as PDF
2 Netfinity 3500-M20 – Type 8657 Models 21Y, 22Y, 31Y, 32Y,
7. For intermittent problems, check the error log; see
“POST error messages” on page 10.
1. IS THE SYSTEM PART OF A CLUSTER?
YES. Schedule maintenance with the customer. Shut down
all systems related to the cluster. Run storage test.
NO. Go to step 2.
2. IF THE SYSTEM IS NOT PART OF A CLUSTER:
• Power-off the computer and all external devices.
• Check all cables and power cords.
• Set all display controls to the middle position.
• Power-on all external devices.
• Power-on the computer.
• Record any POST error messages displayed on
the screen. If an error is displayed, look up the
first error in the “POST error codes” on page 141.
• Check the System Error Log. If an error was
recorded by the system, see “Symptom-to-FRU
index” on page 129.
• Start the Diagnostic Programs. See “Diagnostic
programs and error messages” on page 10.
• Check for the following responses:
a. One beep.
b. Readable instructions or the Main Menu.
3. DID YOU RECEIVE BOTH OF THE CORRECT
NO. Find the failure symptom in “Symptom-to-FRU index”
on page 129.
YES. Run the Diagnostic Programs. If necessary, refer to
“Diagnostic programs and error messages” on page 10.
If you receive an error, go to “Symptom-to-FRU index” on
If the diagnostics completed successfully and you still sus-
pect a problem, see “Undetermined problems” on page 147.