Open as PDF
FRU information (service only) 127
6. Remove all cables.
7. Remove screws and lift power supply out of the server.
Planar with heatsinks
Before you begin:
• Read “Safety information” on page 155.
• Review the information in “Before you begin” on page
Note: This illustration depicts the server in the upright posi-
tion. It is recommended that the server be placed on
its left side before performing this service procedure.
To remove the planar with heatsinks, do the following:
1. Power-off the server, if it is on.
2. Unplug the server.
3. Remove the left-side cover (see “Removing the side
cover” on page 44.
4. Turn the server onto its right side so that the open left
side is facing up.
Note: Rotate the feet in toward the server so they do
not detach due to the weight of the server.
5. Remove the support bracket (see “Removing the sup-
port bracket” on page 45) and air baffle.