Open as PDF
Fitting the zoom lens
It is important to fit the lens correctly, as otherwise
damage may result. Be sure to refer to the section
“Fitting the Lens” (See page 39).
Do not cover the unit while operating
Putting a cloth, for example, over the unit can cause
excessive internal heat build-up.
Operation and storage
Avoid storing or operating the unit in the following
• In excessive heat or cold (operating temperature
range: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F))
Remember that in summer in warm climates the
temperature inside a car with the windows closed can
easily exceed 50°C (122°F).
• In damp or dusty locations
• Locations where the unit may be exposed to rain
• Locations subject to violent vibration
• Close to radio or TV transmitters producing strong
• Do not leave the unit with the eyepiece pointing
directly at the sun.
The eyepiece lens can concentrate the sun’s rays and
melt the interior of the viewfinder.
• Do not use the viewfinder close to strong magnetic
fields. This can cause picture distortion.
Avoid violent impacts
Dropping the unit, or otherwise imparting a violent
shock to it, is likely to cause it to malfunction.
Turn the POWER switch off.
When not use for a period time
Remove the battery pack.
• Remove the cassette before transporting the unit.
• If sending the unit by truck, ship, air or other
transportation service, pack it in the shipping carton
of the unit.
Care of the unit
Remove dust and dirt from the surfaces of the lenses
or optical filters using a blower.
If the body of the unit is dirty, clean it with a soft, dry
cloth. In extreme cases, use a cloth steeped in a little
neutral detergent, then wipe dry. Do not use organic
solvents such as alcohol or thinners, as these may
cause discoloration or other damage to the finish of the
In the event of operating problems
If you should experience problems with the unit,
contact your Sony dealer.
Important Notes on Operation