Open as PDF
Chapter 2 Fitting and Connections 53
Chapter 2 Fitting and Connections
The following power supplies can be used with this
• BP-L40/L40A/L60/L60A/L90/L90A lithium-ion
• BP-M50/M100 nickel metal hydride battery pack
• NP-1B Ni-Cd Battery Pack (The DC-L1Battery
Adaptor is required.)
• BP-90A Ni-Cd Battery Pack (The DC-L90 Battery
Adaptor is required.)
• AC power (The AC-550/550CE, AC-DN1, AC-
DN2B or CMA-8A/8ACE AC Adaptor is required.)
Alternatively, you can make combined use of internal
and external batteries, by mounting one of the above
batteries as an internal battery and connecting an
external battery that can be a BP-90A contained in a
DC-210 Battery Adaptor and connected to the DC IN
connector of the camcorder.
Using a BP-L40/L40A/L60/L60A/L90/L90A/M50/M100 Battery Pack
With a battery pack, the camcorder will operate
continuously for the time shown below.
BP-L40/L40A: Approx. 80 minutes
BP-M50: Approx. 100 minutes
BP-L60A: Approx. 180 minutes
BP-M100: Approx. 230 minutes
BP-L90A: Approx. 290 minutes
BP-L40/L40A: Approx. 70 minutes
BP-M50: Approx. 90 minutes
BP-L60A: Approx. 140 minutes
BP-M100: Approx. 200 minutes
BP-L90A: Approx. 230 minutes
Before use, charge the battery pack with a BC-L50/
L100/L100CE/M50 Battery Charger.
Notes on using the battery pack
• A warm battery pack may not be fully recharged.
• Even when fully charged, battery packs gradually
lose their charge naturally. Use the battery packs as
soon as possible after recharging.
• To prolong the life of battery packs, store them in a
cool place (about 20°C (68°F)), and charge in a place
with an ambient temperature between 10°C and 30°C
(50°F to 86°F).
• Before long-term storage, discharge the battery fully.
This extends the battery life if the battery is of the
• It is recommended that the BP-L40/L40A be used at
30 W or less. The specified capacity may not be
obtained if it is connected to the camcorder with
accessories which is operated at 30 W or higher,
especially when the ambient temperature is low.
• At low temperatures, the usable time of battery packs
decreases. When the ambient temperature is 0°C
(32°F), usable time decreases by about 10%.
(However, the usable time is affected by the power
consumption of the camcorder in addition to the
usage status of the battery packs.) The usable time of
battery packs increases if they are warmed to the
room temperature (about 20°C (68°F)) before use at
• If you use the BP-L40/L40A at temperatures of 0°C
(32°F) or below, when power consumption of the
camcorder and accessories is 40 W or higher (due to
using a video light, for example), power may break
after a short time (a few minutes). To increase the
usable time, store the BP-L40/L40A in a warm place,
and power on the camcorder before the BP-L40/
L40A cools down.
• Compared to the BP-L40/L40A, the BP-L60/L60A/
L90/L90A offer better performance at low
temperatures. The BP-L60/L60A/L90/L90A are
recommended for use at low temperatures.
• Carrying a spare battery pack is recommended.
The BP-L40/L40A/L60/L60A/L90/L90A is free from
memory effect. There is no need to discharge it fully