Open as PDF
Cisco IP Solution Center L2VPN and Carrier Ethernet User Guide, 6.0
About This Guide
This preface contains the following sections:
• Objective, page xi
• Audience, page xi
• Organization, page xi
• Related Documentation, page xii
• Obtaining Documentation and Submitting a Service Request, page xiv
The Cisco IP Solution Center L2VPN and Carrier Ethernet User Guide, 6.0 contains information about
creating L2VPN or VPLS policies and creating and deploying L2VPN or VPLS services using the Cisco
IP Solution Center (ISC).
This guide is designed for service provider network managers and operators who are responsible for
provisioning L2VPN or VPLS for their customers. Network managers and operators should be familiar
with the following topics:
• Basic concepts and terminology used in internetworking.
• Layer 2 Virtual Private Network (L2VPN), Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS), VPN,
Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), and terms and technology.
• Network topologies and protocols.
This guide is organized as follows:
• Chapter 1, “Getting Started,” provides information on getting started tasks for using the L2VPN
component of the Cisco IP Solution Center (ISC).
• Chapter 2, “Setting Up the ISC Services,” provides information on setting up the ISC service.