Open as PDF
Cisco IP Solution Center L2VPN and Carrier Ethernet User Guide, 6.0
Managing a FlexUNI/EVC Ethernet Service
This chapter provides information on how to provision a FlexUNI/EVC Ethernet service request. It
contains the following sections:
• Introducing FlexUNI/EVC Service Requests, page 4-1
• Creating a FlexUNI/EVC Service Request, page 4-2
• Setting the Service Request Details, page 4-2
• Modifying the FlexUNI/EVC Service Request, page 4-21
• Using Templates and Data Files with a FlexUNI/EVC Ethernet Service Request, page 4-22
• Saving the FlexUNI/EVC Service Request, page 4-23
Introducing FlexUNI/EVC Service Requests
A FlexUNI/EVC Ethernet service request allows you to configure interfaces on an N-PE to support the
FlexUNI/EVC features described in
Chapter 3, “Creating a FlexUNI/EVC Ethernet Policy.” To create a
FlexUNI/EVC service request, a FlexUNI/EVC service policy must already be defined, as described in
Chapter 3, “Creating a FlexUNI/EVC Ethernet Policy.” Based on the predefined FlexUNI/EVC policy,
an operator creates a FlexUNI/EVC service request, with or without modifications to the policy, and
deploys the service. One or more templates can also be associated to the N-PE as part of the service
Creating a FlexUNI/EVC Ethernet service request involves the following steps:
• Choose an existing FlexUNI/EVC Ethernet policy.
• Choose a VPN.
Note When working with VPN objects in the context of FlexUNI/EVC Ethernet policies and service
requests, only the VPN name and customer attributes are relevant. Other VPN attributes related
to MPLS and VPLS are ignored.
• Specify a bridge domain configuration (if applicable).
• Specify a service request description.
• Specify automatic or manual allocation of the VC ID or VPLS VPN ID.