Open as PDF
Cisco IP Solution Center L2VPN and Carrier Ethernet User Guide, 6.0
Chapter 6 Managing a FlexUNI/EVC ATM-Ethernet Interworking Service Request
Setting the Service Request Details
Step 8 To specify the ATM virtual channel identifier (VCI), a value in the ATM VCI field.
The value can be from 32 to 65535.
Step 9 Check the UNI Shutdown check box if you want to leave the UNI port shut during service activation
(for example, when the service provider wants to deploy a service in the network but wants to activate it
at a later time).
Step 10 Check the Use Existing PW Class check box to enable the selection of a pseudowire class.
This attribute is unchecked by default.
• If Use Existing PW Class is checked, an additional attribute, Existing PW Class Name, appears in
the GUI. Enter the name of a pseudowire class which already exists in the device.
• If Use Existing PW Class is checked, the PW Tunnel Selection and Interface Tunnel attributes will
disappear from the window. This is to prevent ISC from generating the pseudowire class.
• The Use PseudoWireClass attribute is only available if the MPLS core connectivity type was set as
PSEUDOWIRE in the Service Options window (see
Pseudowire Core Connectivity, page 6-3).
• Use PseudoWireClass is only applicable for IOS XR devices.
Step 11 Check the N-PE Pseudo-wire on SVI check box to have ISC generate forwarding commands under SVIs
(switch virtual interfaces).
By default, this check box is not checked. In this case, ISC generates forwarding commands under the
For a FlexUNI link, the attribute N-PE Pseudo-wire on SVI is dependent on the value of the attribute
Configure with Bridge Domain (this is available in the service request workflow in the EVC Service
Request Editor window). N-PE Pseudo-wire on SVI, if enabled, will be reflected only when Configure
with Bridge Domain is set to true. Otherwise, the service request will not be created with xconnect under
SVI, even if N-PE Pseudo-wire on SVI is enabled.
• For an ATM link, the attribute N-PE Pseudo-wire on SVI is dependent on the value of the attribute
Configure with Bridge Domain (in the EVC Service Request Editor window). N-PE Pseudo-wire on
SVI, if enabled, will be reflected only when Configure with Bridge Domain is set to true. Otherwise,
the service request will not be created with xconnect under SVI, even if N-PE pseudo-wire on SVI
• ISC supports a hybrid configuration for FlexUNI/EVC service requests. In a hybrid configuration,
the forwarding commands (such as xconnect) for one side of an attachment circuit can be configured
under a service instance, and the xconnect configuration for the other side of the attachment circuit
can be configured under a switch virtual interface (SVI).
• N-PE Pseudo-wire on SVI is applicable for all connectivity types (PSEUDOWIRE or LOCAL), but
a hybrid SVI configuration is possible only for pseudowire connectivity.
• When MPLS Core Connectivity Type is set as LOCAL connectivity type, the N-PE Pseudo-wire on
SVI attribute is always disabled in the policy and service request.
• For examples of these cases, see configlet examples FlexUNI/EVC (Pseudowire Core Connectivity,
Bridge Domain, Pseudowire on SVI) and FlexUNI/EVC (Pseudowire Core Connectivity, no Bridge
Domain, no Pseudowire on SVI).
• For additional information on the N-PE Pseudo-wire on SVI attribute, see the corresponding
coverage in the FlexUNI/EVC policy chapter in the section
Setting the Interface Attributes,