Open as PDF
Cisco IP Solution Center L2VPN and Carrier Ethernet User Guide, 6.0
Creating a FlexUNI/EVC ATM-Ethernet
This chapter contains an overview of FlexUNI/EVC ATM-Ethernet Interworking support in ISC, as well
as the basic steps to create a FlexUNI/EVC ATM-Ethernet Interworking policy. It contains the following
• Overview, page 5-1
• Defining the FlexUNI/EVC ATM-Ethernet Interworking Policy, page 5-2
• Setting the Service Options, page 5-4
• Setting the ATM Interface Attributes, page 5-6
• Setting the FlexUNI Attributes, page 5-7
• Setting the Interface Attributes, page 5-12
• Enabling Template Association, page 5-19
For information on creating FlexUNI/EVC ATM-Ethernet service requests, see Chapter 6, “Managing a
FlexUNI/EVC ATM-Ethernet Interworking Service Request.”
Note For a general overview of FlexUNI/EVC support in ISC (not restricted to ATM-Ethernet Interworking),
see Overview of FlexUNI/EVC Support in ISC, page 3-1.
ISC supports interworking of a service with ATM and Ethernet protocols across the MPLS core or local
switching. ATM-Ethernet interworking is supported through the following features:
• Creation of a FlexUNI/EVC policy of type “ATM-Ethernet Interworking.” The ATM-Ethernet
Interworking policy type supports a choice of MPLS core options:
Local (local connects)
• Provisioning of ATM-Ethernet interworking using a single FlexUNI/EVC service request.
• Combination of EVC and non-EVC syntax, that is, the creation of an L2 circuit consisting of an L2
syntax and EVC syntax.