Canon 0020C003 Digital Camera User Manual

Safety Precautions
Do not fire the flash near a person’s eyes. It may impair the person’s vision. When
using flash to photograph an infant, keep at least 1 meter/3.3 feet away.
When the camera or accessories are not in use, make sure to remove the battery and
disconnect the power plug from the equipment before storing. This is to prevent
electrical shock, excessive heat, fire, or corrosion.
Do not use the equipment where there is flammable gas. This is to prevent an explosion or
a fire.
If you drop the equipment and the casing breaks open to expose the internal parts, do
not touch the internal parts. There is a possibility of an electrical shock.
Do not disassemble or modify the equipment. High-voltage internal parts can cause
electrical shock.
Do not look at the sun or an extremely bright light source through the camera or lens.
Doing so may damage your vision.
Keep equipment out of the reach of children and infants, including when in use. Straps
or cords may accidentally cause choking, electrical shock, or injury. Choking or injury
may also occur if a child or infant accidentally swallows a camera part or accessory. If
a child or infant swallows a part or accessory, consult a physician immediately.
Do not use or store the equipment in dusty or humid places. Likewise, store the
battery with its protective cover attached to prevent short-circuit. This is to prevent a
fire, excessive heat, electrical shock, or burn.
Before using the camera inside an airplane or hospital, check if it is allowed.
Electromagnetic waves emitted by the camera may interfere with the plane’s
instruments or the hospital’s medical equipment.
To prevent a fire and electrical shock, follow the safeguards below:
Always insert the power plug all the way in.
Do not handle a power plug with wet hands.
When unplugging a power plug, grasp and pull the plug instead of the cord.
Do not scratch, cut, or excessively bend the cord or put a heavy object on the cord.
Also do not twist or tie the cords.
Do not connect too many power plugs to the same power outlet.
Do not use a cord whose wire is broken or insulation is damaged.
Unplug the power plug periodically and clean off the dust around the power outlet with
a dry cloth. If the surrounding is dusty, humid, or oily, the dust on the power outlet may
become moist and short-circuit the outlet, causing a fire.
Do not connect the battery directly to an electrical outlet or a car’s cigarette lighter outlet.
The battery may leak, generate excessive heat or explode, causing a fire, burns or injuries.
A thorough explanation of how to use the product by an adult is required when the
product is used by children. Supervise children while they are using the product.
Incorrect usage may result in electrical shock or injury.
Do not leave a lens or lens-attached camera in the sun without the lens cap attached.
Otherwise, the lens may concentrate the sun’s rays and cause a fire.
Do not cover or wrap the product with a cloth. Doing so may trap heat within and
cause the casing to deform or catch fire.
Be careful not to get the camera wet. If you drop the product in the water or if water or
metal get inside the product, promptly remove the battery. This is to prevent a fire and
an electrical shock.
Do not use paint thinner, benzene, or other organic solvents to clean the product.
Doing so may cause fire or a health hazard.