Open as PDF
Set the AF operation to One-Shot AF. Focus lock is not possible in the
AI Servo AF mode, or when servo takes effect in AI Focus AF mode
Depending on the subject, linear noise or moire may be recorded in
It is likely to occur especially in the following cases.
• Shooting fine horizontal stripes, lattice patterns, etc.
• When there is an intense light source such as sunlight or lighting in
or near the shooting range.
In such a case, noise and moire may be reduced by the following
• Change the size of the subject by changing the focusing distance or
• Recompose the shot to prevent an intense light source from entering
the shooting range.
• Attach the lens hood to prevent intense light from entering the lens.
If you use a TS-E lens and shift or tilt, linear noise or moire may be
recorded in the image.
Horizontal stripes (noise) or irregular exposures can be caused by
fluorescent lighting, LED lighting, or other light sources during
viewfinder or Live View shooting. Also, the exposure or color tone may
not come out right. A slow shutter speed may solve the problem.
I cannot lock the focus and recompose the shot.
Linear noise or moire appears in the image.
Horizontal stripes appear, or the exposure or color tone look